Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back to basics...

When I first began this blog, I did it as a way to recommend great books to students and parents.  I did my best to recommend a book a day, and I miss doing that, so I'm getting back to basics and starting to do Mrs. Pasquel's Picks the way it was intended.  I will still include updates and announcements, but I want to get back to doing what I love- booktalking!
So here we go.....


My pick for Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 is...



The Mistmantle Chronicles, Book 1: Urchin of the Riding Stars
228 pages
Interest Level: 3-6

Accelerated Reader® Level: 5.4 / 10.0 pts.

I have been reading this book for a few days, and I LOVE it!  I can't wait to finish it and continue with the second book in this series.  Here is the basic summary from the School Library Journal:
"Urchin the squirrel believes he is destined for greatness. Dropped from the sky by a gull onto the island of Mistmantle, he is rescued by Crispin, captain to hedgehog King Brushen. He becomes Crispin's page and is quickly embroiled in the murder of the King's young son. When Crispin is framed for the crime and banished, Urchin remains on Mistmantle, working for another captain, Padra the otter. Eyewitness to a power struggle for the throne, he helps fight against cruel new laws and reveals the true murderer."

No comments:

Post a Comment